Bob is a highly-accomplished, results-driven design and engineering management strategist; visionary leader with exceptional background of field and design engineering skills and experience. More than 20 years of demonstrated achievements impacting superior performance generating sales and designing/developing products in new and emerging areas of technology, and devising innovative, cost-effective solutions that increase technical capabilities, add value and contribute to business/revenue growth. Creative problem-solver with outstanding communication and team leadership/motivational attributes. Hold Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
- Implementation/Engineering Management
- Technical Sales Support
- Project/Team Leadership
- Analog/Digital Design
- New Business Development
- 48V-10kVA Power/Grounding System Design
- RF/Wireless Design
- Product/Project Management
- System Integration/Testing
- RFID Tracking Solutions
- Communication Systems
- LV Power Management/Design * Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design
- Product Documentation
- Feasibility Studies
- Written/Verbal Communications
- Customer Relations
- Problem Solving
- Customer Satisfaction
RFID Engineer / Senior Technical Sales
SAVI TECHNOLOGY, Mountain View, CA
2004 - 2011
- Utilized advanced engineering skills as team lead and individual contributor over complete project lifecycle, satisfied customer requirements by innovating development of hybrid satellite/RFID tag, integrating GPS and satellite communications with existing RFID architecture. Demonstrated solution with real time actionable data.
- Facilitated global sales of Savi satellite tracking solution to United States Marine Corps through successful completion of 3-month trial spanning multiple countries which directly contributed to purchase decision.
- Increased operational efficiency, reducing device installation costs by 90% and reducing project installation time by 40% through development of flexible mounting solution, personally built and productized.
- Optimized achievement of sales goals through identification of business opportunities and design/development of RFID tracking solutions and customer-based custom systems for public/commercial sectors.
- Valued by customers as trusted advisor and leader, cultivating productive relationships with key customer decision-makers to support customer needs contributing to new business development and growth.
- Built a strong foundation for new product development success by ensuring technical feasibility of proposed customer solutions. Additionally, wrote technical sections of customer RFI and RFP submissions.
- Served an instrumental leadership role by working in collaboration with Product Development and Operations to productize solutions. Directed team in design of PCBs/prototypes, testing and customer demonstrations.
- Expanded technical capabilities and increased sales by developing solution to enhance customer asset visibility and control achieved by installing enterprise software that interfaces with customer systems.
- Maximized value of company solutions and overcame power limitations by designing remote power solutions based on solar and fuel cell technology for permanent/mobile apps. Wrote PRDs/worked with 3rd party vendors.
BROADBAND A.I.R., Santa Cruz, CA
2002 – 2003
- Contributed to leadership excellence for startup company by developing business plan and conducting investor meetings. Led campaign to raise funds and successfully sourced/secured $3 Million in promissory notes.
- Innovated vision for base station/residential deployment architecture utilizing concept of neighborhood node to distribute high microwave costs across multiple customers, resulting in costs competitive with DSL and cable.
- Demonstrated outstanding collaborative relationship management skills by building an experienced/motivated team and establishing productive strategic relations with potential investors. Created company documentation.
WYTEC INCORPORATED, Santa Clara, CA
1997 – 2002
- Orchestrated adept leadership and skillful alignment of product management, design and support of base station smart antenna and power system. Directed planning/scheduling, wrote specifications and budgeted designs.
- Consistently achieved design/development goals for smart antenna architecture and all aspects of printed circuit board design from concept to manufacturing. Designed base station antenna status and control/filter boards.
- Drove increased operational effectiveness by providing expert pre-sales product support through evaluation of customer systems and performance of site surveys, field tests and customer trials.
- Improved performance through comprehensive component and system-level environmental and performance testing utilizing spectrum, vector, and logic analyzers. Used simulation tools for hardware verification.
- Conducted testing/evaluation of RF and mm-wave components to 42 GHz and performed LMDS 1st article acceptance testing in Philippines, Malaysia, Japan, Italy. Documented implementation architecture plan.
- Moved project forward by writing specifications for deployment planning and RF base station site requirements. Complied with all applicable regulations and prepared RF system for FCC/UL certification.
Additional Professional History: Served in the role of Applications Engineer for WiSE Medical Systems, Inc. in Los Gatos, CA from 1994-1997 as member of team that developed a wireless tablet-style computer. Designed power supply, CCFL and motherboard.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, 1994
Professional Training: Customer Centric Selling * Mastering Technical Sales * Ethics Training, including Business Conduct, Antitrust Compliance, Export Control Compliance, International Business Practices * Printed Circuit Board Design * RF/Wireless Design * Communication Systems * Power Systems * Tower Climbing Safety Certification Technical Skills/Productivity Applications: PADS, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MS Project Volunteer Work: First Grade Fire Fighter, Rescue Dive Team, West Islip, NY Fire Department
Top Secret SCI Clearance